My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Capricorn Moon


The Queen sent me a great link today. (www.mooncircles.com). It seems we are now in a Capricorn Moon, which basically means it's a good time to re-establish our balance and take stock of where we have been and where we want to be going. (Hence the probable beginnings of the New Year's Resolution tradition). Just picture a Mountain Goat leaping around on the stony cliffs. "Keeping the Balance" is the focus for this moon cycle and those to come.

The Ham-ster has a Ten Year Plan, of sorts. I started it two years ago. At the end of every year I review it to see how I have done. I was actually pleasantly surprised this year. I did pretty damn good. My goals are divided into Personal (It's all about me!!), House (Things I want or need to do), Kids (self explanatory), Career, and Money (of course that's in there). Briefly, the main goals for 2005 were to start a regular exercise program, put in some landscaping, not kill the kids, get 5 classes in toward my advanced degree and reduce debt. And I actually did it. (With a little help from Ron the Personal Trainer, Brian the Landscaper, Dr. Bo, the Pediatrician, Queen Snarfetta, and a shredder that shreds plastic credit cards.)
So with this new Capricorn Moon I have decided This year's goals are: Eliminate all plastic debt and Increase my savings, Get in 5 more classes, Improve my Diet (more vegetables), Meet Mr. Ham and Paint the inside of the House.(And of course, don't kill the kids).

If I could set goals for the United States I would like to see us:
Raise the Minimum Wage to a livable and decent standard.
Put a Basic Health Care plan in place for ALL American Citizens.
Stop the mistreatment and exploitation of Illegal Migrant Workers.
Fund and find Viable alternatives for Petroleum and Carbon Fuel.
Honor the Pensions and benefits that were promised to Workers.
Push George Bush and all his Evil cronies out on a Melting Ice Floe.
Get our Military back Home.

Sigh. If I ran the world....
But, I do run my world (somewhat) so tomorrow morning, it's back to the gym and Thursday, my new 2nd job...School starts up in two weeks...and the kids are back to school (thank God).

As long as there's Coffee and Chocolate all is right with the world (or at least there is hope.)

So, what are you going to do with your Capricorn Moon?

Hammy

5 Comments:

At Tue Jan 03, 06:03:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

*singing*
When the moon is in the Seventh House
and Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

*****
I want to decrease my money that is going out to pay bills.
Increase my money coming in.
Re-do some rooms in my house that I've wanted to do for the past 18 months.
I'd love to go back to school and take some classes but I can't work 50+ hours a week and go to school.

I just want to be in a happy place.

 
At Tue Jan 03, 06:28:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

A happy place is a very good space! :-)

 
At Tue Jan 03, 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

At the end of the year I wish to be living in Beverly Hills with Sharon Stone as my next door neighbor. I know she's getting old and sagging a little but she still does it for me. I also plan to have three movies made but I'm only determined to have two of them win Acadamy Awards. I guess I just don't have the youthful zeal anymore to make all 3 Acadamy Award winners. I also want to improve my tennis game.

 
At Wed Jan 04, 11:57:00 AM, Blogger WoodChuck said...

Way to go on your goals! Like the debt goal specifically. There's a proverb or something that goes something like, owe no one anything except in love. It's sort of been my vague mantra the past few years.
What are you studying? I got two years into an MA program...probably have to finish when my kids graduate now.

 
At Wed Jan 04, 06:51:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Is that the same as all's fair in love and war??? Probably not. I am working on my Master's in Nursing. Originally I was going for Nurse Anesthetist, but I think I'm probably going to change over to Nurse Practitioner. If I don't get to burned out on just plain old nursing! LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home