My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Pop


A recent excursion down the “junky foods” aisle of my local food retailer put the Ham-ster in a bit of a tail spin. The task at hand was to purchase a bottle or two of “pop” to go along with a small assortment of cold cuts, cheeses and rolls for a lunch session with a couple of my “group project” people at UB. (Group projects will someday be a blog rant, I’m sure.) Now, the ham-meister doesn’t drink pop. So believe me, was I in for a shock when trying to purchase what used to be known as a “cola”. I know “the girl’s” that were coming over drink that brown liquid, but I couldn’t remember if they were Coke fans or Pepsi fans. I naively thought, “Oh, I’ll just buy a liter of each.”

In the “Coke section” there was: Coca-cola Classic, Caffeine-free Coca-cola Classic, Coca-Cola Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, Cherry Coke and Diet Coke Cherry.

The “Pepsi section” had: Pepsi, Pepsi One, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine-free Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry, Diet Pepsi Vanilla, Diet Pepsi Twist and Diet Pepsi Lime.

The ham-ster was confused. When did cola become so complicated? Now, if it’s one thing the ham-ster doesn’t like its things that fall into the category of, “Things That Make My Life More Complicated”. After about two minutes my brain started to hurt, so I left with a liter bottle of Store Brand Cola. Problem solved.

I can’t help but think…if we as a society, put as much thought into a social problem - any social problem…as we do “pop” we probably wouldn’t have half the situations we have today.
Hm-mm. Nuff said.


But…it’s just my onion pi.
Peace & Love, Ham-burger

2 Comments:

At Mon Dec 12, 06:03:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

You shoulda bought 7UP?

 
At Tue Dec 13, 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I was trying to be a good hostess Queenie! Hm-mm 7-up? Does anyone drink that anymore, or do they just continue to pour it into newer bottles?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home