My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Political correctness


Wow! The right winger's have really got their collective shorts in a knot over the White House Christmas card. Not that I care who is kicking G.W.'s ass - just as long as somebody is giving him a hard time it makes my day a little brighter. But man, when is the war over nomenclature going to stop in this country? The fundamentalists are pissed because the card says "Happy Holiday's" instead of "Merry Christmas". Sheesh. It reminds me of the time my daughter came home from school with a flyer thanking all the parents who volunteered to help with the "Special Person's Day" party they had. I sat there scratching my head thinking, "What did I miss?" and "What the hell is "Special Person's Day" anyway?" Well, it took me a while, but I finally realized they were talking about VALENTINES DAY! or what used to be called SAINT Valentines Day. God forbid we should use the word SAINT, it might piss off an atheist, or somebody who objects. But now, we can't even mention ol' Valentines name?? Who the hell is going to object to that! We are a nation of fools. Just so ya'll don't think I've gone soft, I'm not shedding any tears for George, but for a guy who has the impossible job of being politically correct to EVERYBODY, he should have realized that the inside greeting should have read:

Season's Greetings, Happy Holiday's, Blessed Winter Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukhah, Prosperous Kwanzaa, Great Ramadan and Bah Humbug! - Peace and Love From King George, Laura and the two Party Girls. P.S. Shiva Loves You!!!

Regardless, I'm sure somebody would still bitch.

As you may have noticed, I don't sweat over Political Correctness.
Like the great George Patton used to say, "F**K 'Em if they can't take a joke!"

But then again...it's just my onion pi.

2 Comments:

At Fri Dec 09, 03:28:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

Merry Chrismakwanzaka Hamrose!

(there's another to add to your list of goodies)

Never heard of "Special Person's Day" either. All this political correctness confuses me. I forget what the holiday actually is...

 
At Fri Dec 09, 08:26:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I think that's what they want. They want us to forget what the holiday actually is about. Or maybe I'm just too darn cynical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home