My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Wakanukie, ya owe me ten bucks


Well, I ended up with a "B" in Chemistry. Not bad for an old broad who hasn't taken an Algebra or a Science class in two decades...
I learned some interesting stuff.
Namely, you can whip up all kinds of useful things in a chemistry lab.
For example, the chemical formula for Trinitrotoluene (also known as TNT) is C7H5(NO2)3 and Cyanide is a basically simple polyatomic ion of Carbon and Nitrogen.

Ah well, it's a good thing I discovered all this stuff after the good old bad days...(the fun I could have had...)

So the Hammy family is going on vacation later this month. Unfortunately it won't involve VW buses, Gerry Garcia or tie dye clothing. But it's a vacation nonetheless. We're going to the seaside. Or close enough...the idyllic shores of Lake Ontario. For a NO AGENDA week of sand and sun.

I trotted the little Hams and Wakanukies kids to Target for bathing suits and a few new clothes. The youngest Ham has a bad habit of thinking her clothes are either single-use only or really portable napkins. Gee-sus. It's bad enough that one look around the kitchen and you can always tell where she's eaten, but one look at her shirt will tell you WHAT she's eaten. Terrible.
Anyway, I spent a good portion of the time in the Fitting Room telling them "Come on girls, Auntie Ham needs a Latte - bad."

Memo to self: Next time, stop at Tim Horton's FIRST.

Afterward I took them all to lunch at the only place all four of them could agree on...Mc Donalds. (Yuk.) So there we are with our assorted "Happy Meals" and the like. Well, my older niece makes a tiny (teeny tiny) hole in the corner of the packet of her salad dressing, and decides to "squirt" the rest out by shear force. In the meantime this older man comes walking down the aisle just as her salad dressing arch's into the air, and gets the vast majority of the packet on both legs of his pants. So I get up and try to help him wipe up the mess with a napkin (bad idea. very bad idea.) and she (poor thing) was completely mortified and really very sorry about the whole thing, but he was a little porky about it (not that I blame him) so I ended up having to give him ten bucks so he could dry clean his pants. Afterwards the kids and I laughed about it but I was doing all this on NO COFFEE (another very bad idea.)

Anyway, the upshot of the day:
1) Caesar Salad dressing does not come out easily from silk pants.
2)It takes half a week to earn it and one hour to spend $300 on shorts, T-shirts, two tiny bathing suits and a beach blanket.
3) and Waka, ya owe me ten bucks.

Is it September yet?

Hammy

8 Comments:

At Sat Jul 01, 06:42:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

Sounds like a great day.

Did you get your latte?

 
At Sun Jul 02, 12:08:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

That's amazing - well done, Hammy. I'm proud of you :-)

Hey, we're goping on holiday too. Shall we compare tan lines when we get back?

 
At Mon Jul 03, 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

Lake Ontario? Tim Hortons? Tim Hortons?? First you guys want our fresh water, then our oil, now you're taking a national treasure (Tim Hortons).

Remember, we marched over there before and burned your damn White House, don't think we won't do it again....

 
At Mon Jul 03, 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Fer get it. You can have the White House, just leave the Tim Horton's.

 
At Mon Jul 03, 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

WDKY...only if we can do it in person. No HNT for me.

 
At Tue Jul 04, 01:32:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

You only have to invite me. Surely you know that, Hammy???

 
At Thu Jul 13, 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Wakanuki said...

I believe you had the girls during the ex's time slot. So, she'll have to pay you out of the large container of money I send her (for just such an emergency).

- Wak

 
At Thu Jul 13, 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Wakanuki said...

for firestarter...

If you're going to do it again - please do it during this administration.

- Wak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home