My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

In memory

This is one of my favorite pictures of Mary and the infant Jesus.

Well, it's over. The funeral was this morning. Unfortunately I had a Chemistry final to take and could not attend. For the lack of concentration I had, it almost would have been better to go to the funeral, but whatever I end up getting on this exam will be better than a zero.

I did go to the wake yesterday.

There aren't even words to describe how bad it was. My poor cousin was so buried in grief he was inconsolable. Everyone was just so heart broken.

I can't think of anything harder to wrap your mind around than the sight of a toddler in a casket. It's just a crime against nature.

The cycle of life is so hard to understand. There in the same room was his sister, who is expecting her first child in August. I felt bad for her in a way, but actually the timing couldn't be better in a way. We need the joy. They all need the joy.

Fortunately he has a large and very close family. And they all have very strong faith. Of course, no one really ever wants to test that faith...not like this...

The funny thing is, when something like this happens you cry for them as much as you do for yourself. The thought of the death of your own children makes it's way into your head.

I appreciate the thoughts and comments from everyone. It means a lot. I know this is a hard subject to read about but I really couldn't write about anything else when this was happening. I hope you all understand (I know you do).

Thanks,
Hammy

3 Comments:

At Thu Jun 29, 12:12:00 PM, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

I've been wondering about you - clad to hear from you. Gosh I now it has to be so hard....hang in there.

 
At Fri Jun 30, 03:24:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

I remember when my nephew died-he was 4 at the time.

The grief doesn't go away....it's bearable, but I miss him everyday.

My heart goes out to your family...burying a child is never easy....it's not suppose to be like that.

 
At Fri Jun 30, 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Badbeans said...

Some years ago, a boy who was the same age as my oldest son at the time died of cancer. He had been fighting all of his 5 years against this disease. You are right, that nothing breaks your heart more than seeing a small, lifeless body lying in a casket. I believe it is the innocence of the child, the knowledge that they are dependent and helpless, a sense that we have let them down, and a feeling that they did not deserve what we perceive to be such a tragedy.

But the reality is that death is a part of life, and death is no respecter of a person's age. It grieves me to hear of such tragedy as what has happened to your cousin and his daughter. But in times like these are where faith in God and God himself can and will bring comfort to those who trust in Him. For there is comfort in the knowledge that this life is not the end, and that if we have a hope for a better life after this one, that we shall meet again.

I have no doubts that your cousin's daughter is now in heaven, free from any pain and suffering she may have had to endure had she lived. And I also know that my words do not serve to comfort your grief. But have faith in God and trust that His ways are higher, and you will find comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home