My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thank God For Geeks and Nerds!

Well a Big Huuuuge thank you to Nukie for saving my laptop from imploding. Last night I made an emergency house call visit to the Nukie Household, as my poor laptop had been besieged by all those evil nasties that attach themselves to your poor helpless computer when you're trying to cruise the information highway. Being a decidedly right brain member of the family, my ability to deal with these things on my own is severely limited.

So after a quick call to Nuke, I asked Edith if she could watch the Ham Junior's while I went to Nukies house. Like a nice Grandma, she said yes. Two minutes later the telephone rings, and I didn't even have to look at the Caller ID to know it was Archie. I didn't have to answer the phone to know EXACTLY what he was going to say:

Me: "Hello"

Arch: "YEAH, You can't go driving around...it's bad out."

Me: "It's not that bad out, and my laptop is about to implode, so I NEED to have Nukie fix this for me."

Arch: "Tell yer Mother to come back home, I'll go for Ya."

Me: "I don't want you to go for me, besides I need to be there." Waiting....for what I know is coming next....

Arch: "Well I'm coming over there then, I'll drive ya."

Me: (Sigh)

As we were driving over to Nukie's I thought to myself, "When exactly, will I be able to drive anywhere on my own?" I figure, once Archie is gone my kids will take over where he left off.

A Vision of The Future:

Me: "Hello"

A Junior Ham: "Yeah, what are you doing, Mom?"

Me: "Well, I'm about to go over your Uncled Nukie's house, I need my Crystal Telepathy Ball fixed"

Ham Junior: "You can't go flying around, there's too many atmospheric conditions tonight."

Me: "Well, I HAVE to go, my Crystal Ball is about to go dark, and I need to write a post about President George X. Bush the VII, on the blog."

Ham Junior: "Well I could go for you."

Me: "No, I need to be there, the Crystal Ball won't tune in without my Iris."

Junior Hammy: "Well, I'm coming over there, I'll fly you."

Me: (Sigh).

So, on that note Thank You to Nukie and All the Other Geeks, Nerds, Engineers and anyone else who Predominantly uses the Left Side of Their Brain. I am Eternally Grateful for Your Knowledge and Ability.

(My considerable talents happen to lie elsewhere. :-)


Non-Techie Ham

4 Comments:

At Tue Feb 14, 02:56:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

did he fix it???

i love the stories about your dad. i thought they were great getting them from Nukie..but now I get a different sort of twist from you--i love it!!!

how much snow you got? it was a sunny 50 here today-so out of the norm for this time of the year. weird.

 
At Tue Feb 14, 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

He fixed it. Thank goodness. PC Housecall wants $59 per hour...LOL. Nukie is free, and I can get a cup of tea over there as well.

We had a bit of snow, but it was mostly the wind blowing it all around so it looked like more. But it was biting cold for a couple of days. Still, I can't complain...global warming's been pretty good to us.

Yeah, Archie is a trip...ya gotta love 'im. (Geez, ya have a couple of fender benders and everyone gets all bent outta shape....fer cryin' out loud...most of 'em weren't even my fault...really...)

 
At Wed Feb 15, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Really???? I didn't know that. Ya must be one of those closet drinkers....Red or white?? (Hopefully not Rose...yuk.)
And If so what variety of grape? Or aren't you that "sofisticated"...Er...ah, I mean or aren't you that fussy? Yeah, that's the word....fussy...ahem.

 
At Wed Feb 15, 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Do you like Oaky Chardonnay's or Buttery Chardonnay's???

California's Napa Valley puts out some outstanding Buttery Chardonnay's. Good try...It's Pinot Grigio, which is actually quite a nice white...from Northern Italy. I'm not usually big on white's but I did have a fabulous Sauvignon Blanc from a small vineyard in South Eastern Australia that had distinct grapefruit notes if you can believe that. Australia puts out some very nice wines. Yum, I still can taste that wine. I wish I had bought a case of it - found it in this little wine shop in Cincinnati, Ohio. No one around here carries it. Everything from that vineyard was good. And one time at a wine tasting held at an Orthopedic Surgeon's house I tasted this incredible Buttery Chardonnay from Napa Valley that I've been trying to chase down ever since...alas, without any luck. Like so many things, that will just have to be a lovely memory.

I'll find something nice. That is definitely one area where my talents do lie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home