My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Valentines Day


Valentine Box

This morning I realized
That I forgot about your Valentine Box.

It was supposed to be
Decorated, and ready to be delivered
To school
this morning.

I felt so bad telling you,
I didn’t want you to be disappointed,
Or have to arrive at school,
With nothing to show.
When the others would be there
With their boxes,
Decorated so lovingly, or sloppily,
in some cases
Both.

I said to you, “Tell your teacher
there will be a box tomorrow,
Tell her it was your Mother’s fault.”

You looked up at me, no trace of disappointment
In your lovely heart-shaped faced,
“Oh Mom,” you said, “That’s okay,
It’s nobody’s fault.”

Oh sweet child,
Gentle and malice free,
Grace beyond your six small years,
You’ll never know
How much of a Valentine
You have just given
To me.
Happy Valentines Day, all.
Cherish the loves you have and have had
No love given freely
is ever a mistake.....
Romantic and Sentimental Ham

5 Comments:

At Mon Feb 13, 03:16:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

How sweet!!!

Yet so sappy!

I didn't think ya had it in ya Hammy girl !

 
At Mon Feb 13, 07:42:00 PM, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

Happy V Day!

 
At Tue Feb 14, 02:08:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

Happy Valentine's to you too, Hammy, and everyone else in that crazy family of yours ;-)

 
At Tue Feb 14, 04:50:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I'm sweet!! And Sappy!!! #$%^*&@!!!!!
Why doesn't anyone think I'm Sweet!!!!????

Happy Valentines.....

 
At Tue Feb 14, 06:07:00 AM, Blogger Networkchic said...

the wonderful thing about children is that they have no expectations, they just love you because they do. Beautiful post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home