My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Just Piddles....

Since the current Moon is in Cancer I decided to nurture myself a little, before it heads into blazing Leo tomorrow night. A Cancer Moon is a great time to give yourself a little TLC, and Lord knows in this world we sure need it!

Since I took full advantage of the early-in-the-week Gemini phase of the Moon to get myself going on the 2 projects I had for Ditzy Dora's class, I decided to reward myself by baking a pan of brownies last night and cruising the internet for Harry Potter news. (DVD of GOF in stores March 7th, JK is writing book 7 and casting for OOP has already begun). I even let the girls lick the batter off the beaters...(normally reserved for me)...but I did get the bowl and the spatula.

Today I went to a Yoga class with my old instructor. She moved into a new space and it was cozy and warmer than the old room we used to be in. I took care of The Old Girl (my car) on the way home. She had a right rear blinker out, and I figured she needed a little nurturing too. It's not her fault she's a Gastrointestinal Motor's Car.

The last stop before home was at Moti Mahal for a major Indian Food lunchtime pig-out. Mm-mm-mmm! I got home, lit candles and incense, changed into some warm, cozy sweats and snuggled inside the "Magic Cape"....just me, some incense, a nice cup of tea and the last of the brownies.

(The "Magic Cape" is a large, bright red wooly cape that I use instead of a sweater, to wrap around myself when I'm in need of a little extra warmth. I used to wrap my arms around the kids, and tuck them inside it when they were little and not feeling well. I'd give them a little Tylenol and hold them near me. I told them it was a "Magic Cape" and would make them feel better. It always did...but that's what hugs and love and a little Tylenol will do...anyway, the name stuck...and now it's forever the "Magic Cape").

So, before the kids tumble off the bus, I'm going to finish my tea and take a cat nap....and take advantage of the last little bit of this Cancer Moon.

Bed-In Hammy

8 Comments:

At Thu Feb 09, 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

OK, what comes after this peaceful Cancer phase? Go ahead and tell me. I can take it!

 
At Thu Feb 09, 05:25:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

LOL Jeff!

I want to be in a cancer phase. I want to nap. That whole yoga thing? Jury is still out on it. Looks almost painful at times.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:01:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Leo Moon. Some say its good for love (or lusty energies). LOL benefits to each I suppose. So Jeff, I meant to ask you on the last post, just out of curiosity, are you a Dali Lama Buddhist or a Nam-Nyo-Horangi-Kyo Buddhist? (You'll have to forgive the spelling and the...ah...ignorant phrasing of that comment.) If your the latter you'll know what I mean anyway.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:03:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

P.S. Don't ya just love that picture!!! Those are some of my favorite John-N-Yoko pictures...the bed-in's...gotta love it.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:10:00 PM, Blogger Morris said...

Did you ride the bus with me last week?

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At Thu Feb 09, 06:49:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Wern't me. Riding the bus is against my religion.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

The correct phrase in Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo and that is the kind of Buddhist I am. More specifically, a Nichiren Buddhist.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

LOL...mine was the phonetic version...(or maybe it was the phrenetic version...LOL....thanks! I knew you'd know, if you were that is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home