My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Braggin...


Normally I'm not one to brag. It's just not a big part of my personality. I do like getting credit for an accomplishment, but I just prefer not to do too much tootin' of my own horn. So I have to admit I was a little taken by surprise with my reaction to the grade I received on Ditzy Dora's online exam yesterday.

I got 100%. Which actually shocked the hell out of me. Ya never quite know what you're in for with "the first exam" because you don't know an instructors style, for one thing. And even though the exam was online, it was timed and ya can't go back to the previous questions. (Which I hate!! Grrr!) Plus, ya only get one shot at it. If you screw up and can't finish the exam yer shitouttaluck. So I have to say I worked myself up quite a bit over it before I took it. I did ALL the required text readings....(which I almost never do) and I even read the "recommended" stuff (which I absolutely never do) and I studied all my notes...TWICE (that's twice) mind you.

The thing about online tests is that you get your grade immediately. But I have to say, when it gave me the grade of 100, I thought it was a mistake. Once I realized it was the actual grade I was so psyched! Especially in light of the fact the class average was posting out to be 73! Woo-Hoo Hammy!!

Since I was at home, and the girls get all excited over this kind of thing, I felt pretty comfortable doing a little victory dance in the kitchen. I contained myself somewhat, because I really wanted to run around the house singing "I got a hundred, I got a hundred, Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah." But, I made do with the victory dance.

So when I got to class tonight, one of the other gals was bitchin' about the exam...and her grade. I made a comment that I thought it was more difficult than I expected (which it was), but I didn't say what I got on it, and being that we are a "polite society" I figured she'd never ask me. Wrong. As we walked into the classroom, she turns to me and says, "So what ja get?" So, I briefly considered my options, (Lie, pretend I have to go to the bathroom, or tell her what I got) and then I say, "Well, I got 100 on it." to which she replies by staring at me for a few seconds and then saying "Witch!!"

She then spends the rest of the class (it's a three hour class mind ya) telling everyone what I got on the exam. So I start off by saying, in my usual downplaying way, that I read ALL of the text readings and the class notes over TWICE....but then these little horns popped out of my head....and this little pointy tail popped out of my ass.....and I said...."AND I'M SMART!!! Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!!!!"

So un-hammy-like.....hee-hee!

And it was just as sweet as a chocolate truffle.
Must be the influence of that upcoming "confident" Leo Moon....

One For The Gipper Ham

7 Comments:

At Thu Feb 09, 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

I have never heard of anyone getting 100 on a college exam. When I was in college the most gifted of the gifted never scored above 97. Congrats Hammy!

 
At Thu Feb 09, 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

By the way Hammy, I am also a Cancer. July 5th.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

July 18th.

 
At Thu Feb 09, 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Well...there were a few lucky guesses in there....and...I'm Smart!! LOL.

 
At Fri Feb 10, 03:53:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

bragging looks good on you Hammy girl !

When does Aries moon happen? Anything good happen during that time? Let's hope.

 
At Sat Feb 11, 12:52:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

Well, if you don't like tooting your own horn you can always come and give mine a toot, Hammy :-)

Well done, genius!

 
At Mon Feb 13, 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Mm-mm...how much are those intercontinental flights...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home