My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Ultimate Recycling


Every once in a while something really strange and unexplainable happens to me. Sometimes it's kind of supernatural, sometimes it's more like a "religious experience" and other times I just don't know what category to put it in. For example, one morning not that long ago NPR had a story on the anniversary of the liberation of one of the Nazi concentration camps. I was still half asleep and hit the snooze button, but then I started "dreaming". I was a young girl, about 12 or 13 years old and I was getting off a train with a lot of other women and girls. A woman that I knew to be my mother was being led away by two soldiers and I knew I was never going to see her again. My little sister who was about 7, was pulled out of line by another soldier and when I went to go to her a soldier off to my left let the leash out on a big German Shepard who lunged at me to keep me from going to her. There was all this chaos and noise, and women were being sorted out into different groups and sections. I was separated from my sister. I "remember" lying on a bare wood planked "bed" and looking down at this pile of - what was supposed to be food- and saying to some person sitting next to me that I wasn't going to eat that garbage. They asked me if they could have mine and I said yes and rolled over. I started to cry in the "dream" and woke up sobbing. For a few minutes I could "remember" everything.
I knew that my little sister had been named after my Aunt - who was my favorite Aunt. I knew we were born near the border of France. I knew that my father was missing and that we were not as well off financially as my mother wanted everyone to believe we were. I knew we were there because somebody had turned us in. I knew that my mother was put to death shortly after we arrived at the camp and that I was put into a labor pool. I knew that my little sister was put into one of the brothels. I woke up with the feel of that camp all over me. I could "remember" how it felt to go through each day and just do what you had to do. Thinking that if you didn't die there, then one day it would all come to an end. But not knowing which would happen first.

I had a terrible time shaking off that "dream" and that morning I couldn't stop crying. I ended up calling Queen Snarfetta at work because I had to talk to somebody about it.
I don't know what to make of that experience. I don't know what to think.
It's not the first time something like that has happened to me, but it was the strongest. I was so upset that I stayed home from my first class that morning. It took a few weeks to stop thinking about it all.

I have always been drawn to the Jewish faith. I have thought about converting many times over the years and I really don't know why. I have a Mezuzah inside my doorpost (although I put it on wrong. It's not diagonal, it's vertical, and I put it on with Gorilla glue and can't take it off now) and a Menorah on my bookshelf that I bought several years ago.
I have always thought that if reincarnation were true, then we would have more "evidence" to that effect. Yet, I don't rule it out entirely - because I don't have those kinds of answers. I don't know what to think sometimes.

Maybe it was just a dream...and maybe it wasn't.
What do you think?

Leftover Ham Dinner

6 Comments:

At Wed Apr 26, 04:22:00 PM, Blogger WDKY said...

Why is everyone having dream angst at the moment, Hammy? Strange...

You know I'm, errmm... yes, I'm sure you do. Or Bubs would have told you :-)

 
At Thu Apr 27, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Yes, but I want to know what other people think about this. It wasn't like a dream. I don't know what it was really. It actually was last semester around December or maybe a little earlier...November at the most.
Do you think it was...? a dream or something else??

 
At Thu Apr 27, 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

Unless you plan on reverting back to the age of 12, it was a dream.

However, the way Dubya and his gang of idiots are running things, they just may try to imprison all people who voted Democrat last election. It's old news about large stalag-like prisons built in the US that are sitting empty right now.

 
At Thu Apr 27, 08:10:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

I think it's reincarnation.

Situations will happen and I'll think.....dejavue?

Dreams freak me out-I hate analyzing them cause then I'm freaked out more.

Ambien CR Hammy...let it be your friend for a good 8 hours of restful sleep.

 
At Thu Apr 27, 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I really don't know Kimmy, but it seemed like I tapped into something other than dreamland. Queen Snarfetta thinks it was some kind of memory from a past life. I don't know, but it didn't seem like a dream.

Another question I don't have an answer for...

P.S. If I ever took Ambien I'd sleep into the next week....
I'm perpetually tired. LOL

 
At Fri Apr 28, 01:33:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

I think it was a dream-of someone elses life trying to tell you something in your sleep...when you'd listen.

I believe I believe I believe....in all that crazy junk.

Queen Snarfetta is a wise woman....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home