My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Friday, April 14, 2006

I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree

Well I was up until 4 am but I managed to write both my final paper and a powerpoint presentation for Ditzy Dora's class. I even dragged my tired butt to the gym this morning....although I was sure yawning a lot during my workout.

On the way home it started to rain, so I rolled down the window of "the old girl" just to smell that great smell of ozone or whatever it is that makes that after the rain smell. I just love it.

With those two big projects off my back I can finally feel myself relaxing a little. Well, at least I don't feel like I'm drowning quite as much as I did last week.

So an odd thing happened in Horrible Hettie's class this week. She asked me if I had applied to the Master's program yet, which I haven't. I felt like saying, "I'm holding on to my ass with both hands here...do ya mind if I take care of this semester first???" But I didn't....I just said I hadn't applied yet. So she said to me, "Well, I'll be happy to write you a letter of recommendation." Ya coulda knocked me over with a feather.....will wonders never cease?!?

The semester is rolling to a close. I did get the otoscope and the opthalmascope in the mail from the EBay guy, and everything was A-OK. He even threw in the set of tuning forks and the reflex hammer. So, I'll be practicing on the Little Hams to warm up for my Lab Practicum.

Since I was so productive last night/this morning I'm letting myself just chill out a little. Maybe it's the rain, but I love this weather. I love seeing the grass turning bright green and hearing the little birds chirping. Spring is just an awesome season. This is where I see God all around me. The church of the great outdoors. Just the simplest things are so incredible - the crocuses and the daffodils that the former owner planted are springing up in the lawn and on the side of the house. So I'm benefitting from her green thumb.

I think the next project will be to get that blog roll thing going so I don't have to keep counting on piggybacking off NukieBubba and Kimmys blog lists. Oh....I'm just not a left brain thinker!!! I'm tired just thinking about it. But I miss ya'll. It's funny how that happens. Relationships pop up in the oddest places and in the strangest ways. I found myself thinking about Kimmy as I was throwing in a load of laundry. Someone I have never met but I know so many things about her and her family. Then I thought I wonder where Jeff was? On vacation, or travelling for work? And then I thought about WDKY and wondered how things were going with his daughter. Just funny little things that pop into your head.

I need to get the kids Easter Candy! I was waiting until the last minute so I wouldn't have to worry about hiding it for more than a day. I don't know if starting that whole Easter Bunny thing was a good idea or not. I'm raising the kids R.C., so I make sure that they understand the real meaning of the holiday, but somehow the Easter Bunny got started....
I remember when we were kids Edith used to hide those little chocolate eggs all over the house. There was a coin under each one depending on what color the foil was. Most eggs were worth a nickel, but the flowered foil eggs were worth .15 cents and the gold foil eggs were worth a quarter. Poor Wakanukie was the littlest one so....well, he didn't usually make out as well as Bubbanukie and I did. I always went for the big front window...there usually was one in each corner so I usually scooped 4 eggs right off the bat. Sometimes Nuke would slip in there and grab the eggs on the other window before I did. Well, all's fair in love and war and Easter egg hunting. I'll be working this week-end so I hope ya'll have a nice Easter if ya celebrate and a nice spring week-end if ya don't celebrate.

Easter Hammy

5 Comments:

At Fri Apr 14, 02:56:00 PM, Blogger WDKY said...

I think that's rather lovely... thank you Hammy, and the truth is I think about you sometimes, too. And I know just what you mean about that smell... I love it, especially when it's mingled with that cut grass smell too.

Have a really lovely Easter x

 
At Fri Apr 14, 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Nukie said...

Hey! It's really something that we wrote about the same thing.

I can help you with your links, It's really a snap.

call me and I'll send you the code.

 
At Fri Apr 14, 08:41:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

Happy Easter to you too Hammy! Are the kids getting too old to look for eggs?

 
At Sat Apr 15, 04:09:00 AM, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

I'd have to wait till the last day to get the candy, or else I'd eat it!

 
At Sun Apr 16, 03:36:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

Happy Easter Hammy girl !! I hope you didnt eat yourself into a sugar coma...what do they put in those cadbury eggs anyways that makes them so addicting? yellow candy flavored crack i do believe........

congrats on getting your papers done too! that's alot of hard work and you're all done! good job! and look at Horrible Hettie wanting to write you a letter...whoda thunk that?!

Thanks for the nice words ..I think about you and your family alot...isnt that wierd? nice, but weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home