My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nose Stories


We had a kid in the ER with a bead up her nose.
Of course it was hell for everyone concerned....(believe me!)
But it reminded me of the time our "other brother" stuck a bean up his nose.
Remember that game, "Don't spill the Beans" ? Well, we had that game. In fact we had just about every game ever made by Milton Bradley or Parker Brothers. One time, our youngest brother stuck one of the beans up his nose and my mother had to take him to the ER to get it out. I think he actually did that twice. All I know is my mother made that game pretty much disappear after that. It seemed to me that either Nukie or the "other brother" was always going to the ER for something or another....

My Aunt Mary (Edith's Sister) lived about four houses down from us when we were growing up.
I always used to hang around with my cousin because we were only a year apart. Sometimes I would go to church with my Aunt and Cousin and sometimes my Cousin would come to church with us. I wasn't particularly well behaved in church (if ya can believe that....) mostly because I was bored and squirmy. So, I would do things to make my Cousin laugh. I used to have this little white straw hat, with a black ribbon, and piles of flowers stuck all around the brim. There used to be these little yellow fuzz balls strategically placed in among the flowers. I used to pick them off the hat and stick them in my nostrils and look over at my cousin when Archie wasn't paying attention or was falling asleep in church; which he did a lot. She'd laugh her ass off, and I would hurry up and pull them out of there and try to look innocent...which was hard to do even back then. Archie could never catch me doing anything, but he always knew it was me. That was one of my favorite things to do. I eventually picked all the fuzz balls off the hat, but it was worth it. She'd always laugh at that - without fail. Whenever I think about it now, it makes me laugh just to think about what a little ballbuster I was...hm-mm-mm...not much has changed there, huh?

Funny memories.


Hamby Pamby

4 Comments:

At Sun Apr 02, 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I don't know about that...ma swears he did it twice...we'll have to verify that

 
At Mon Apr 03, 07:40:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

Well, it's got to be better than pushing some of the other things up your nose that you casn push up your nose. Errr... not that I would know(s).

I always stare when I see people in their cars having a quick pick, although I'm not sure how relevant that is.

 
At Mon Apr 03, 01:30:00 PM, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

I stuck on of those furry seedlike things from a pussy willow bush up my nose when I was a kid :-)

 
At Mon Apr 03, 03:04:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

i shoved a bean up my nose when i was a kid. and tied a string around my foot ...i have the scar to prove it. not from the bean, but from the string.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home