My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Kvetching Up

Warning: It's PMS week. And in Hammy's book PMS stands for "Play Mine Straight"

Jee-sus it's been a busy week. I can't believe my last post was a week ago. Well, it looks like the Capital Hill Numb-nuts are still going strong. We've now reached a spending total of $400 Billion in Iraq and $100 Billion for Katrina with very little to show for either one. How ironic that Oprah managed to do more for New Orleans with $10 million dollars than the Feds have done with thousand of times more money. Maybe Oprah should be the new head of FEMA.

We've also hit a record high in the Trade Deficit department and are now borrowing $2 Billion dollars daily from foreign countries to pay for it all. Thanks George.
Hm-mm, Come to think of it, maybe Oprah should run for President, too.

And South Dakota has decided to turn back the clock 30 years and make abortion illegal, in spite of a little thing called Roe v Wade.

Christ Almighty, maybe we need a major hurricane to run itself through the District of Columbia.

On the home front the Hams and I are trying to dodge bullet # 2 in the form of pinworms. (We successfully dodged the Head Lice bullet a few months ago). I just got the lovely call yesterday, "Oh, by the way, just wanted to let you know..." So I'm trying to avoid having to stick a piece of Scotch Tape on their anuses in the middle of the night by endlessly asking, "Your rear end isn't itching is it?? You'll let me know if it does right??" Until my eldest said this morning, "Mom, I'm going to lose my breakfast!" Poor kid, that's what she gets for having a mother with a cast iron stomach while possessing a weak stomach of her own....

In a surprise move yesterday Hettie the Horrible (my Physical Assessment Professor) told me she was happy to hear I was planning on enrolling in the Master's Program. She said (and I quote) "You have a good brain. You should put it to use." Um, ...thanks...I think? Invariably that left me wondering....ah, ....aren't I doing that already???

On the work front, we had another knock-down drag out in the nurses station. I shoulda known! My horoscope said that the Sun would be clashing with Pluto and the Moon was in Scorpio so (again I quote) "Avoid the temptation to lash out at others." I even said a little prayer to St. Anthony on my way in to work on Sunday. "Oh St. Anthony please let me keep my big mouth shut today and a lid on my temptuous temper." Alas. I was triggered. I decided to put the "episode" in another post. I did this for two reasons; one, it's an issue that is contentious as all hell and two, it's an issue that's important enough to deserve it's own space. (See the post below...if you dare!)

In other news, Ham Jr. #1 and I went shopping for her First Communion dress and regalia. $300 smackers later I was getting sweaty visions of her future wedding expenses. We still haven't bought the shoes yet. And of course, she wants a party afterward. I'm still trying to figure out how to weigh out the expense of a party outside the home vs. having my ex-hubbie inside my home for several hours. Shit these modern moral dilemmas!!

Well, hope ya'll had a good week. I need ta Ketchup on yer blogs....

Ham-ster-ini

7 Comments:

At Tue Mar 21, 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Jeff Vachon said...

I remember my First Communion. I think that was the day I decided I hated being Catholic.

 
At Tue Mar 21, 03:26:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

i remember mine too..[first communion] my mom dressed us in blue dresses cause we didnt have the money for a white one. i didnt know...i can't imagine now what everyone thought...and i remember sitting on the wrong side of the church...i think that was the beginning of the end for me as a good catholic.

man lice is a bitch aint it? glad it dodged your house..we haven't had it here for years...thank GOD too!

Pinworms? OH.HELL.NO.!!

 
At Wed Mar 22, 01:33:00 PM, Blogger WoodChuck said...

Hey Hammie, how's the motorcycle stuff coming along?

 
At Wed Mar 22, 01:54:00 PM, Blogger WDKY said...

Looks like life caught up with you there, Hammy... but I agree, you should be putting that mind to good use. It's shameful, the way you've been carrying on.

 
At Thu Mar 23, 02:43:00 AM, Blogger WDKY said...

PS Shall I tell anonymous to f*ck off or will you?

 
At Thu Mar 23, 05:06:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Actually, WDKY I just did something I never thought I would do...I put a word verification in, and I made it so the blog doesn't accept annonymous comments. Sad, but true. But between comment spam (I hate spam in any form...including the stuff in the can) and sniper comments I succumbed.

Chuckster! Glad yer back. I am having a hell of a time getting someone at Ride With Pride to call me back to schedule motorcycle classes. I was trying to take them the third week of April, if the semester doesn't get too hairy by then.

Kimmy, how did you ever get away with wearing blue??? I'll bet the Priest shit a brick or two that day....

Jeff, ya know, it's not the label that bothers me. I don't care if I am Catholic or Christian or Jewish or whatever. I just hate how religion is used on this planet. Instead of being a vehicle for growth and spirituality, its a tool for oppression and suppression - not to mention violence.

 
At Thu Mar 23, 05:07:00 AM, Blogger Hamrose said...

P.S. It looks like we've dodged the Pinworm bullet too!! Yeah!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home