My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'd like to nominate...


What's worse than having George Dubya in office?? Having George Dunderhead excrete two Supreme Court Justices prior to leaving office. Sigh. Two. That's TWO! As if John Roberts wasn't bad enough, now we have Sam Alito going through the Senatorial dog and pony show. Sam is so conservative He makes Ronald Reagan (his old boss) look like a radical leftist.

Well ladies, we should be pregnant, barefoot and back in the kitchen any day now. (Not a single word Nukie...not one single word!) But we'll be in good company because Sam doesn't like criminal defendants, foreign nationals, consumers or employees either.

Christ! Rehnquist stayed on the bench until he was practically embalmed, and O'Connor...one of the only MODERATE (not to mention the only female) justices we have had on the bench in the last twenty years is retiring at 75 years old.

All I can say is....Filibuster the shit out of him!

Well, #2 on Runningman's Top Ten list says "Never bring a problem to a supervisor without a solution to solve it." So, I'm submitting MY nominees for Supreme Court Justice. In light of the last appointed VERY conservative Justice Roberts, I have picked those whom I feel will moderate the balance. I have three in mind. Surely one of them will do....

Spammy

5 Comments:

At Wed Jan 11, 08:08:00 AM, Blogger WoodChuck said...

I wish the nominees would have been more representative of our culture...more women, more minorities - not just black, etc. Aside from Clarence Thomas they're all anglo males.
I didn't know Alito was that conservative. Hmm... I suppose if we had a liberal president I wouldn't be shocked if he nominated liberal judges so I guess I'm not surprised by this. I did wish for more diversity though.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 10:03:00 AM, Blogger WoodChuck said...

I agree with QS. Judges have way too much power to be 'appointed' (not elected by the people for the people) for a life term.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 01:33:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

I'm casting my vote for Phineas...not that I have a problem with Fat Freddy or Freewheeling Franklin, but I think he'd be the most moderate.

 
At Wed Jan 11, 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

And a "job for life" means just that. Even if you lose yer rocking marbles you're still on the bench. Term limits are never a bad idea. But how about picking a bench that is representative of the people who actually live in the (Bleeping) country???

 
At Thu Jan 12, 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Well, I was going to nominate the 3 Stooges, but it seems they're really busy helping out in the Oval Office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home