My Onion Pi

If you can figure out the name, you'll know what it's about. Fortunately, I'm literate. I'm also funny on occasion. Just beware of the flying PMS.

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Hammy's work is never done...

Man, time flies when yer working yer butt off. This has ta be the busiest summer I have ever had. I can't believe it's August 18th already.... I have been working on my absurdly overambitious summer project of painting my entire household interior. I did get Ham Jr #2's room done and aside from the bronchospasm I had from spray painting the hardware on her dressers everything went really well. Nothing that a breathing treatment and a little steroids wouldn't fix. (Those meth heads don't know what they are doing....they ought to try Prednisone - talk about a buzz! Holy shit...) The room looks fabulous. In fact if it was any cuter it would explode. I painted her walls and trim 1950's pink, sanded her dressers and headboard and painted those white with black hardware, and put in little shadowbox shelves and a new rug. That was last week, this week I painted the living room and hallway, and ripped out the last of the wall-to-wall carpet. I decided to let Ham Jr #1 help me. I figured I was being a bit of a hypocrite because if she was a 9 year old boy I would be teaching him how to do that stuff. Actually, she was a lot of help....couldn't have done it without her.

I wish I had a digital camera I would take pictures. It's just that I have to be dragged into tech stuff kicking and screaming..... I think microwaves were out for 10 years before I finally got one, and that was only because Edith and Archie bought it for me.

So guess what? Queen Snarfetta is moving to California. She was going to stay with Rockdog, but he dodged that bullet (LOL). So anyway, while I was talking to her new prospective landlord (to give a reference) we discovered that we're both disgruntled old hippie chicks!!! How great is that?? Snarfetta's new landlord is an old California radical flower child (LOL) and we've decided to team up and make the world a better place. I'm not sure what we're going to do just yet....but I'll keep ya posted.

So Kimmy is going back to school! YEAH!! You go girl! (Hang in there...it may suck a bit but you can do it.) I'm proud of you. And she got to meet Coffeedog live and in person. So nice.
Speaking of Coffee..I discovered after painting a wall or two that my new livingroom color is very coffee and cream like. Needless to say I like it...

So, I have a tech question (FS5, Nukie, etc...) I keep getting a notice from Microsoft that support for Service Pack 1 ends October 10th, but when I downloaded Service Pack 2 it made a mess of my e-mail (among other things) so I took it out and instead ordered the CD but do I need to install it and what will happen if I don't??

And what's with this blogger beta edition??? Do I hafta sign up for that?? What is it and why does it exist??

Anyway, if I haven't been around that's the reason why. I'm gonna cruise a little and see what blogs I can read.

Hammy

8 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 08:57:00 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

How did SP2 make a mess of your e-mail?

1) Ditch Microsoft Outlook and use Mozilla Thunderbird.

2) You best install SP2. You install the latest MS updates correct?

 
At Sat Aug 19, 03:54:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

i knew he would know the answer to that.

i've been wanting to paint 2 rooms in my house for about 3 months now. i'm finally moving in that direction. it's just alot of work moving kids stuff out and around...blah.

i saw that beta edition for blogger but it says you can't go back if ya dont like it. i dont like that option. it said something about not being able to comment...i need to reread it all. firestarter5 needs to test it and let us know that's what i think.

 
At Sat Aug 19, 06:20:00 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

If it allows me to post .gif images I'll try it.

 
At Sat Aug 19, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger WDKY said...

I'm as one with FS5... but Blogger Beta - wtf? Have to check that one out.

I'm also doing some decorating, Hammy - my bedroom, which I've left until last (I know, I'm a giving person!). Oh, and new flooring downstairs, which is being fitted in a ceouple of weeks.

If I'd known you were so handy I'd have flown you out :-)

 
At Sun Aug 20, 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Nukie said...

WDKY,

Hammy still has a few good years left in her. I know my parents can babysit while she visits you.

 
At Sun Aug 20, 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Hamrose said...

Yeah, I agree with Kimmy. FS5 check it out, and then tell us all what we think about it.

A few good years??? WTF! Bring it on, I'll leave ya all flat on yer asses...

WDKY, I'm very handy, baby. Don't you pay him no mind. He's the middle child anyway...

 
At Sun Aug 27, 04:06:00 PM, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

Agree painting is a hassle! Wish we could see Hammy girl's bedroom, sounds nice.

 
At Wed Sep 27, 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said...

WHERE THE HELL HAS HAMMY GONE?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home